Saturday, January 23, 2010

Life's a Circus

Oh boy. Once those machines get going, I feel it -- that sour burn in my gut like the first time old Lundy hit the sauce. Making money is sweet, especially when you've got someone to spend it on. That's right. Driving through the desert this morning monitoring the machines, I heard a brand new country song on the radio, "Donny's Got Himself a Girl." Nice choice, DJ. And sweetie? I'm coming home. "You and Dakotie are all I need, little Lunder ain't ever gonna leave."

Dropped sweetie off at the salon this morning to get her hair done. Eh, this'll take a few hours. Stopped by Hoaky's General for a quick bite, paper, cuppa joe and some chat. It's one of those 3-legged-dog-on-the-corner deals, real quaint. Once Hoaky was finished spinning a good one I hopped in the pickup and rode with the window down like a soggy mutt on his best day.

Later on the lady and I went to the $2 theater. Movies aren't my thing -- just a bunch of phonies yappin'. Honey likes 'em, though. Life is my thing. Fresh air and warm beans by the fire, sitting in the town square late at night watching the shadows move. Real shit. Some people live with nothing but the scent of bowling-shoe spray up their noses for their whole lives and do nothing. Not Lund.

Got some sick shit under my boots from the machines, better break out the fucking flathead and scrape it away like the useless memories of my old life. It's a real circus out there and we're all its grinning clowns.


Don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment